Time saving is a key concern to everyone, and saving time during cooking can be helpful. Pressure cookers use their pressurized chambers to cook food, and therefore this cuts cooking times tremendously. Electric pressure cookers are even faster than the traditional pressure cookers, and thus save more time. Using an electric pressure cooker also preserves food nutrients, which is contrary to the conventional cooking methods. More safety is accorded to those using electric pressure cookers due to their pressure-release valves and multiple locks which prevent explosions of the pressure cookers. This guide will give you the incentives on things to look for in an electric pressure cooker to ensure you buy the best electric pressure cooker on the market today.
- How to choose the best electric pressure cooker
- Top 10 electric pressure cookers comparison chart
- Best electric pressure cooker reviews 2017
- 1. Elite Platinum EPC-414 Maxi Matic 4-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
- 2. Instant Pot IP-DUO50 Multifunctional Pressure Cooker, 5Qt/900W
- 3. Instant Pot IP-LUX50 v2 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker
- 4. Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000W
- 5. Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker, 6Qt, 1000W
- 6. Cuisinart CPC-600 1000-Watt 6-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
- 7. Instant Pot Smart Bluetooth Enabled Multi-functional Pressure Cooker
- 8. Elite Platinum EPC-808 Maximatic 8-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker ( 6 colors )
- 9. Pressure Pro-Pressure Cooker- 10qt
- 10. GoWISE USA 8 in 1 Programmable Electric XL Pressure Cooker w/ Ceramic Coated Cooking Pot, Measuring Cup, and Spoon (12QT)
How to choose the best electric pressure cooker
The following are the things to look for when purchasing an electric pressure cooker:
Size – first and foremost, establish the right size of an electric pressure cooker you need. Check the amount of food you mostly prepare, and this will give you the size. Cooking for a small family means that you need a smaller electric pressure cooker, which can be a 2 or 4 quart electric pressure cooker. A bigger family size implies a greater pressure cooker size, which can be the 6 quart or bigger electric cooker.
Pressure Settings – a good electric pressure cooker should have many pressure settings. These settings will allow for cooking of many food types, thus no need to purchase many electric pressure cookers for different types of food.
Construction and Materials – check on the material the electric pressure cooker is made from. Selecting an aluminum electric pressure cooker will be pocket friendly, but will not last long. Electric pressure cookers made from stainless steel are quite pricy, but on the positive they are more durable and maintain their shiny look. It is better to save enough money and buy one that will last longer instead of replacing a cheaper one after short periods of time.
Safety Features – a good electric pressure cooker should have many safety features. Having many safety features will ensure that you remain safe while using the electric pressure cooker and at the same time preparing a good meal.
Power Consumption – power and energy saving is important. Check for an electric pressure cooker that cooks fast while saving energy. This will help in saving energy costs.
Quick Release and Accurate Pressure Indicator – the Pressure Indicates shows you the pressure level attained by the electric pressure cooker. The accepted pressure level for most pressure cookers is 15psi, thus a good electric pressure cooker should be able to reach this level and even more, and more importantly the pressure indicator should show when this level has been reached. The quick release should be built in the pressure regulator, and this helps self-regulation of the electric cooker.
Warranty and Accessories – most electric pressure cookers will last for long time periods, thus a good electric cooker should be purchased from a good company which will have the accessories over time. Electricity is unpredictable, and a longer warranty period will ensure you get compensations on your losses, malfunctions or breakages.
From the tips discussed above, any willing buyer will know how to choose the best electric pressure cooker, and following them will see you save more time, cook healthy foods while maintain the electric pressure cooker for extended time periods.
Top 10 electric pressure cookers comparison chart
|Elestric Pressure Cookers||Dimensions||Size/Watt||Material Type||Editor’s Rating|
Elite Platinum EPC-414 Maxi-Matic 4 Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
|11.8 x 12.2 x 11.8 inches|
|4-Quart||Stainless Steel||4.0/5 Stars|
Instant Pot IP-DUO50 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker
|13 x 12.2 x 11.8 inches|
|Stainless Steel||4.7/5 Stars|
Instant Pot IP-LUX50 v2 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker
|13 x 11.8 x 12.2 inches|
|Stainless Steel||4.6/5 Stars|
Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker
|13 x 12.6 x 12.2 inches|
|Stainless Steel||4.7/5 Stars|
Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker
|12.6 x 11.8 x 10.2 inches|
|Stainless Steel||4.6/5 Stars|
Instant Pot IP-Smart Bluetooth-Enabled Multifunctional Pressure Cooker
|13 x 12.6 x 12.2 inches|
|Stainless Steel||4.5/5 Stars|
Cuisinart CPC-600 6 Quart 1000 Watt Electric Pressure Cooker
|12.2 x 12.2 x 13.2 inches|
|Stainless Steel||4.3/5 Stars|
Elite Platinum EPC-808 Maxi-Matic 8 Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
|15 x 15.3 x 15 inches|
|Stainless Steel||4.4/5 Stars|
Pressure Pro Pressure Cooker- 10qt
|15.5 x 15.5 x 16 inches|
GoWISE USA 8 in 1 Programmable Electric XL Pressure Cooker w/ Ceramic Coated Cooking Pot, Measuring Cup, and Spoon
|15 x 13 x 16 inches|
|12-Quart||Stainless Steel||4.2/5 Stars|
Best electric pressure cooker reviews 2017
According to many electric pressure cooker reviews, because of such great benefits, many people consider pressure cooker as an integral device in their kitchen. And as demands increase, the supplying also go ups. There are now a number of electric pressure cooker brands available in the market. As a result, your choosing the best cooker becomes much more difficult. So let’s consider the electric pressure cooker reviews of 10 best electric pressure cookers now and then you can make right option.
Best 4-quart electric pressure cooker
1. Elite Platinum EPC-414 Maxi Matic 4-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
Enjoy a nutritious, flavorful, and fast cooking with the Platinum EPC-414 Maxi-Matic Pressure Cooker. A unique process of pressure cooking will enable you to trap steam while cooking, hence cooking food evenly, retaining flavor, and most importantly sealing in nutrients. With the 9 preset malfunctions (rice, soup/stew, slow cook, meat and chicken, brown/sauté, steam, beans/grains, and desserts), a 24-hour delay timer, manual operation, and a 4-quart inner pot one can prepare different dishes for the whole family. Besides, one can also use preset functions to make delicious risotto, meat, chicken, and vegetables, among other delicacies with this versatile and elegant electric pressure cooker. The Automatic resumption of cooking when the power is restored following a power failure prevents power outrage from ruining your meal. An adjustable airtight plus exhaust valve helps in the manual release of built up pressure.
- The cooker is easy-to-use and clean
- Food retains nutrients, and flavors mix pretty well
- Has a delay timer that can allow one to delay cooking up to 24-hours
- The cooker is designed to last
- The digital timer may fail to work at times
- Sometimes you may have to wiggle the cord for power to stay on
Best 5-quart electric pressure cooker
2. Instant Pot IP-DUO50 Multifunctional Pressure Cooker, 5Qt/900W
Make cooking convenient with the Instant Pot 7-in-1 multiple functional Pressure Cooker. IP-DUO50 is a 7-in-1 programmable cooker that combines usual functions with the functionality of a slow cooker, rice cooker, pressure cooker, steamer, and warmer. The device also works well for sauté/browning and yogurt making. The press button helps you cook your favorite dishes within a fraction of a time. Above all, the cooker produces nutritious food in a consistent and convenient fashion. It speeds up cooking by up to six times using almost 70% less energy. You get 14 inbuilt smart programs that make using this Instant Pot IP-DUO50 simple. Make stew or chili as a meal for your entire family in 15- 30 minutes. The cooker comes with a 24- hour delay timer, which allows for delayed cooking. The 5-quart pressure cooker is, odorless, quiet, and kitchen-friendly. The inner pot and lid are dishwasher safe and can be easily cleaned hence leaving no residues on its surface. The lid can rest on either the right or left pot handle especially when you need to move it. The regulatory pressure prevents overcooking more delicate selections.
- The IP-DUO50 is energy efficient; saves up to 70% of energy
- Produces almost no noise when cooking
- Makes healthy and tasty meals
- Small interior volume
- Preset programs are not always accurate
- Inadequate cooking instructions
3. Instant Pot IP-LUX50 v2 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot is the next generation Electric Pressure Cooker designed by Canadians specifically This is a wonderful electrical device that has been among the best selling products for years. It is said to be the next generation Electric Pressure Cooker developed by Canadians as a gift for North American users. It increases cooking speed by 2 to 6 times, using up to 70% less energy, and most importantly, it helps to prepare nutritious healthy food in a convenient and consistent way. Also, it introduces various functions of a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, sauté, steamer, as well as warmer. Since its launching, it has considerably improved cooking.
What Are The Pros?
- Let’s learn more about the product with some of the pros below:
- It can help to save your cooking time and reduce energy consumption by up to 70%.
- It promises to maintain the nutrition and flavors of natural components.
- It seems to produce no noise or steam, and is truly a kitchen-friendly electrical device.
- The stainless steel inner pot promises no worries about non-stick coating residual.
- It is long lasting
What Are The Cons?
- It is a little bit expensive. Ok, it is really not a problem at all if what you want is a really high quality product.
Best 6-quart electric pressure cooker
4. Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000W
This is a 7 Functions in once pressure cooker, namely, Rice Cooker, Pressure cooker, Slow cooker, Browning, Yogurt Maker, Steamer, & Warmer. It comes with 10 Proven Safety Mechanisms, UL and recognized ULC. Also, it introduces 14 Micro-Processor controlled programs: Soup, Steam, Meat, Poultry, Chili, Sauté, Rice, Porridge, Yogurt, Multigrain, Slow Cook, Pasteurize, Keep-Warm, and Fermented Rice. It offers 24- hour- holdup Cooking Timer. . The manual pressure setting is up to 120 minute cook time, and so on. Actually, once you experience it, you will find your cooking most easiest ever.
What Are The Pros?
- Here is a list of some pros you can enjoy with this wonderful device:
- It helps you to make food in simple, effective and green-conscious way.
- It is convenient and easy to use just by pressing buttons
- It looks elegant in design
- It is durable
- It comes with multiple functions
What Are The Cons?
- It is a little bit heavy. But don’t worry too much for you don’t have to move it many times, you can put it in one place and do your cooking simply.
5. Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker, 6Qt, 1000W
The Instant Pot IP-LUX60 is the best electric pressure cooker that plays functions of four other devices. Not only is it an electric pressure cooker, it is also a slow cooker, rice cooker and steamer. If don’t have a large space for multiple appliances, this may be an ideal choice for you.
As a versatile machine, it provides you with ten preprogrammed settings, a 24 hour delay timer, a manual setting, and automatic keep warm. It runs silently and almost don’t release smell of food out of the cooker. In addition, with ten safety measures, you don’t have to worry about common cooking errors that often come with pressure cookers.
What Are The Pros?
- Let’s learn more about this smart device via some of the good things as follow:
- It is proven quality. It is highly appreciated by thousands of users all over the world.
- It is easy to use. You can simple have your meals cooked with some simple pressings
- It is friendly to the environment for it almost makes no noise and steams during cooking process
- It can keep your food warm until you start to have it.
What Are The Cons?
- Many former users inform that this product would be better if it comes with color variations. But it is actually not a serious problem for the quality won’t be much affected
6. Cuisinart CPC-600 1000-Watt 6-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker
- 6-quart capability
- Digital thermostat
- Push button control to make the cooking choices and programmed settings
- 99-minute time and LED countdown show
- Cool-touch side handles
- Nonstick cooking pot
- Trivet consisted of (dishwasher safe)
- Dishwasher-safe cooking pot
- 1000 watts
- Recipe book introduced
- Limited 3-year warranty
- And much more
What Are The Pros?
- And it’s time to discuss about the pros. Yes, let’s take a look at some of the most significant pros below:
- It performs well with the results of healthy and tasty meals
- It is easy to use
- It comes with immense size, small capacity.
- It is reliable for there have not any complaints around it so far
What Are The Cons?
- There are few complaints about malfunctioning parts. The users say that the red pressure valve won’t close properly so that pressure can’t build.
- There are also complaints that the timer beeps too early.
- In spite of cons, you don’t need to worry too much for the great quality of the device is guaranteed.
7. Instant Pot Smart Bluetooth Enabled Multi-functional Pressure Cooker
The IP-smart is Bluetooth- enabled allowing both monitoring and programming from tablets or smartphones.The unit has 3 temperature settings that can be used to slow cook, sauté or keep food warm. Besides, the Dual pressures setting makes it easy to adjust to the appropriate pressure when preparing the food.
This cooker is certified by UL& ULC, thus setting the industry standard for safe cooking. Some of the safety features include safety lid lock, excess pressure protection, automatic pressure control, high-temperature warning, and automatic temperature control among other features. The unit has an embedded microprocessor that monitors the temperature & pressure, keeps time, and adjusts pressure and cook time.
This Cooker is carefully designed but also built to last. The hinged lid provides easy access to the inner pot that has a durable three -ply stainless steel bottom. Also, a stainless steel exterior is made to be fingerprint resistant.
The IP-smart prepares food in a third the time of a conventional cooking. Stews or chili are ready in an hour. However, inexpensive meat cooked in the pressure cooker becomes tender and succulent, but frozen food does not have to be defrosted prior to cooking. The cooker can cook fresh/ frozen vegetables in less than 3 minutes. Since the unit comes with a stainless steam rack, food can be lowered into as well as lifted out of the pot. A rice paddle, Silicone mini mitts, soup spoon, condensation collector, and a measuring cup are included among other features.
- The cooker is compatible with tablets/smartphones
- It includes a free app
- Has 10 proven safety mechanisms
- Pairing can be difficult
- Some models have a weak Bluetooth signal
Best 8-quart electric pressure cooker
8. Elite Platinum EPC-808 Maximatic 8-Quart Electric Pressure Cooker ( 6 colors )
With the elite EPC- 808 Maxi-Matic, you can enjoy nutritious, fast and delicious meals in a fraction of a moment. The process of pressure cooking enables one to trap steam while cooking, thus cooking food evenly, retaining flavor and sealing in nutrients. With 14 preset multifunction’s including browning/ keep warm, a 24-hour delay timer, and a nonstick 8-quart cooking pot, you can cook different meals for your whole family. You can use the preset multi-functions to prepare delicious risotto, meat, chicken, vegetables, and much more with this easy to use pressure cooker. After every cooking, the automatic warm feature will keep your food warm for up to twelve hours. The Indicator beep at the close of every cooking cycle will let you know when the food is ready. The unit has a lid lock protection in which if not secured and locked, the cooker won’t build pressure. A fuse protection automatically shuts off the appliance during operation especially when temperatures exceed normal limits.
- The unit is easy to clean
- Easy & fast to cook
- Simple to operate
- Does not support slow cooking
- Has no manual temperature controls
- Not suitable for simmering or gravy making
- Has large dimension (14×14×14) inches, hence occupies bigger space
Best 10-quart electric pressure cooker
9. Pressure Pro-Pressure Cooker- 10qt
You can prepare a healthy meal for your family with the pro pressure cooker- 10 quarts without even spending most of your time in the kitchen. The unit cooks up to 10 times faster compared to conventional cookers. With this appliance, you can prepare tough meats such as pig feet, pork hocks, ox tail, tripe or frozen foods. Moreover, the unit is excellent for canning! The cooker features a 10-in-1 Smart Steam Technology, One-touch Pre-Program Buttons, Multifunction (low pressure/high-pressure rice cooker). Other features include a Non-Stick Inner Pot, Stainless Steel Lock Lid, Digital Display Panel, Delay Timer, Flavor Infusion Technology, Automatic Keep Warm Mode, Built-in Safety Features, Dishwasher Safe, 99-It Cooking feature, Choose From 4 Sizes, and a 60-Day Money Back.
- It is big; Can prepare large healthy meal for the whole family
- Easy-to-use and clean
- Can cook in a pressure canner
- Cooks very fast
- The units directions are scattered and hard to understand
- The Teflon surface Might not work at times
- Food at the bottom of the cooker may burn and stick to the pot
- The cooker does not let the user set a specific operating pressure.
Best 12-quart electric pressure cooker
10. GoWISE USA 8 in 1 Programmable Electric XL Pressure Cooker w/ Ceramic Coated Cooking Pot, Measuring Cup, and Spoon (12QT)
The Go WISE USA’s programmable electric pressure cooker comprises of 8 functions: Rice Cooker, Pressure Cooker, Bean Cooker, Food Warmer, Yogurt Maker, Steamer, Sauté, Egg Maker, and a Slow Cooker. The pressure is pre-set based on the twelve cooking options: Rice, Porridge, Steam, Soup, Multigrain, Meat/Stew, Sauté, Poultry, Yogurt, Bean/Chili, Egg maker, and Slow Cook. The unit has two LCD displays for pressure and cooking time. It also has a delay timer for preparing food at a given time, and a pressure display. Other features include a rice scooper, measuring cup, and a 16 built in smart programs.
- It is not Teflon
- Comes with additional pieces such as the egg rack, the steamer rack, a flat spatula, and a little cup
- Easy to use
- The unit may start leaking steam and losing pressure in time
- Sauté features does not work
- The seals tear easily
Benefits Of Using Pressures Cooker
Pressure cookers comes with a range of benefits. And to the extent of the pressure cooker reviews, I’m going to point out some of the most major ones:
- It helps you to prepare meals easily. Yes, just by pressing some buttons you can have your rice cooked well.
- It saves your time. Instead of sitting and waiting until your rice cook as using other cooker, you can do many other things while cooking. You can set time and you will have meal by the time you want. Plus simple action to have the cooker worked, you can save a considerable amount of time.
- It is also convenient because you don’t need to have any more supplements to have your rice cooked.
You can cook healthy meal. Using pressure in right way, you will be able to have tasty and healthy food without having to spend too much time.
- You can keep your food warm until you are really to enjoy it. By setting time for cooking process, your food will be kept warm as soon as you want to eat.
- And a lot of more
Ok, here are 10 electric pressure cooker reviews around the ten most outstanding electric pressure cookers. After reading them all, you must have your own ideas around them. In fact, they are all great but each of them is excellent in a different way. So in order to find the best electric pressure cooker for your kitchen, please consider the ten products all carefully, make strict comparisons, infer to your own condition and what you are expecting and then make the final decision.